Here’s a first run at the Deer Lease Agreement, a Merrill’s Farm By Laws will follow this post. Feel free to review and add comments about what I’ve missed or things that need to be removed.
HUNTING LEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (NEW YORK)
THIS HUNTING LEASE AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) made effective as of XX/XX/XXXX
Merrill’s Farm Corporation
– and –
Those individuals and/or organizations listed on Schedule A to this Agreement, which is made a part hereof by reference thereto
SECTION ONE – HUNTING LEASE
- Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Lessor does hereby grant to Lessee the exclusive right to access and hunt only the following game species: Deer, bear, turkey, bobcat,
with the following weapons: Bow, crossbow and rifle
which may be found upon and harvested from Merrill’s Farm
- The initial term of this Agreement is for a period of one (1) year, commencing on May 1st 2015. and expiring on May 1st 2016. The Lessees shall pay Lessor the sum of
$600 per member as consideration for the use of the premises. Lessees shall notify Lessor in writing at least (60) days prior to the expiration of the initial term and shall pay the sum of $600 to Lessor not later than May 1st prior to the commencement of the renewal term. Failure to pay either sum described above within the time constraints set out herein releases the Lessor from performance of this Agreement, and Lessor may relet the whole or any part of the premises
without recourse from the Lessee.
- The Lessees shall provide the Lessor with a security deposit of $###.## (the “deposit”) on the commencement of the lease term. Such deposit is refundable upon termination of this Agreement if the Lessees have complied with the terms and provisions of this Agreement and no damages have been placed upon the Lessor or the premises as a result of the granting of privileges by Lessor hereunder or as a result of any actions of any of the Lessees, their guests or invitees.
- The Lessees shall abide by all State, Federal and local hunting regulations, including any quotas prescribed by Lessor. Failure to follow said regulations, by any of the Lessees, their guests or invitees may, at Lessor’s option, result in immediate cancellation of this Agreement, without refund of all or any portion of the deposit.
- If any Lessee is an organization composed of several members, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall apply to each and every member. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall also apply to any and all guests of the organization and its members. All members of such organization shall be required to carry a current valid membership card while on the premises.
- The Lessees and any guests and invitees agree to wear exterior fluorescent vests of a blaze orange coloring (hunters orange) while hunting on the premises with the exception of bow hunting, waterfowl and wild turkey hunting, and muzzle loading firearms season.
- The Lessees agree to maintain proper safety procedures regarding firearms, including but not limited to, ensuring that all firearms are unloaded while in vehicles and in the vicinity of all buildings. The Lessees shall not climb upon, hunt from or otherwise use any permanent structure located upon the lease premises. Hunting and shooting are prohibited within 200 yards of any occupied dwelling or within any designated safety zone.
- The Lessees shall exercise due care to prevent forest fires, and shall extinguish any fires on the lease premises, without cost to the Lessor, if the fire occurs when the Lessees or any of them arousing the premises. The Lessees shall promptly report to Lessor and the appropriate State authorities all fires that may take place on the premises or in the vicinity thereof.
- The Lessees agree to ensure that motor vehicles are driven only on established roads and that the housing provided is left as originally found.
- The Lessees shall be permitted to construct blinds and feeders on the premises, provided that the Lessees remove same upon termination of this Agreement, and further provided that no blind shall be constructed in a manner that damages any of the trees or shrubs located on the premises.